Monday, October 13, 2008

Dreams

If I was still a live human right now I would say I was tired. This whole week I've been suffering--and I deserve it. I never knew it would be so hard. The point is, now I made it, I'm in the middle of nowhere to be specific. I ran the whole way making some stops on a herd of deer on the way, and for the record, they taste horrible!

I spent the whole rest of my day finding somewhere to stay. Finally, I found an abandoned cabin and decided to settle in there. It was no problem, I didn't need food or blankets to sleep, to me this cabin had everything I could ever need...except for a cure to this never ending thirst.

The next morning I noticed something in my cozy little cabin that I did not notice in the dark of last night. I found a bookshelf full of books. Now, I don't remember too much about my other life but from looking at the titles of these books, I can identify them as classics. So, to keep myself distracted I started to read.

Just from looking at the backs of some books I could tell I didn't like them. I managed to finish reading a book called "Pride and Prejudice" which I've grown fond of.

I also noticed something else that was weird, all the rest of the rooms' doors are locked. This cabin is so nice, I don't know why anyone could ever want to just leave it. And another thing I don't get is that it is in perfect condition! It looks as if it gets cleaned everyday! Wait a minute...what if someone does still come here? What if they came while I was out...oh no. It's not possible. I'm probably just thinking too much.

I don't know what time it is but it's still dark outside and I don't know what just happened. All I know is, I was in the living room when all of the sudden my eyes are shut and I'm not doing anything anymore. This kind of reminds me of something I used to do when I was alive, I think they call it 'sleeping'. Anyways, after my eyes shut I felt nothing and saw nothing but bright colours and blurry images. Then I saw a clear image, it was a beautiful man with brownish-bronze spiked hair, he was wearing a blue shirt and had a concerned expression on his face. I was puzzled, why would this stranger be concerned for me? I don't remember him, did I know him before? But then I was surprised, I saw a picture flash in my head, it was of me lying on the ground! Then, the picture shifted back to the beautiful young man, I was starting to like this dream now. This time the image got clearer and I noticed a different face in the background, it reminded me of a smell and I hated it...but I liked it at the same time. The person I was seeing in the background had nice rusty native-indian colour skin. His eyes were a deep brown and he looked like he was worried. Another thing I noticed was he had no shirt on and only sweatpants. He had shaggy dark hair--the way I like it. Uh-oh, his blood, his heartbeat, he is alive but something gives me the feeling he isn't like the other humans. His body is hotter, you could put an icecube on his back and it would melt in a second. That was another thing, the guy in front of me had cold hands, no heartbeat and pale skin, must be a vampire.

What a dream! It might seem crazy but, I wish it was real, then at least i'd know i'm not alone (as a vampire and as a social citizen to this earth).

2 comments:

Bat Bike said...

I don't get it. It's like you just decribed Edward and Jacob. Was that intended? Where is this story going? It's actually interesting me.

Natalie said...

oh hey i didnt even notice you actually commented :S sorry, you'll find out soon im gonna post more now ;)